Foundation / Corporation
Triangle Community Foundation
Grants of up to $10,000 to North Carolina nonprofit organizations and government agencies for programs to reduce gender-based abuse against women and girls. Applicants must be located in and provide services in Chatham, Durham, Orange, and/or Wake Counties. Funding can be used for unrestricted program and operational support.
Priority will be given to programs where women and girls are a priority and receive the majority of the organization's efforts. This year, the Foundation will consider programs targeting boys, men, or both, if their explicit focus is preventing violence against women, girls, or both.
The focus area for the Art of Giving (TAG) grant in 2019 is preventing or providing services related to sexual violence against women and girls including intimate partner violence, rape, incest, and harassment.
GrantWatch ID#: 152750
The Foundation prefers to give one grant of $10,000.
The selection criteria for organizations submitting an application are as follows:
- Be located and provide services in one of the four counties of the Triangle
- Qualify as tax-exempt under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code (fiscal agent) or be classified as a unit of government
- Not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religious organization that serves exclusively sectarian purposes
Religious organizations may apply but TAG will not fund fraternal, sectarian, and religious organizations where the grant is intended to principally benefit member/adherents or to fund inherently religious activities.
As important as aid for current sustenance is (e.g., food banks, housing for homeless, etc.), these areas do not meet the 2019 focus criteria.
Organizations who have received an Art of Giving grant within the past three years are not eligible.
- Application deadline: Friday, April 5, 2019
- Site visits: weeks of May 6 and May 13, 2019 (to be arranged for finalists only)
- TAG members vote on finalists: June 2019
- Grantee(s) announced: June 30, 2019
Applications should include a description of the mission and type of programs the organization offers to meet the focus area, especially in the case of operational support.
Application tutorial: http://www.screencast.com/t/vqaw2tb1. This is also available below.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal:
For grant questions please contact Treat Harvey, Senior Donor Engagement Officer.
Phone 919.474.8370 x 4007
For application portal questions please contact Julia Da Silva, Programs and Scholarships Associate.
Phone 919.474.8370 ext: 4028
Triangle Community Foundation
PO Box 12729 Durham, NC 27709
800 Park Offices Dr, Suite 201, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
USA: North Carolina: The four counties of the Triangle: Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake.