Foundation / Corporation
04/23/19 5:00 PM PT
Twelve-month fellowships to USA and Canada young social entrepreneurs to foster character building and business skill development. The fellowship includes fundraising support, mentoring, and wilderness-based programs that teach business skills and leadership while building a lifelong support network.
Preference will be given to applicants who come from diverse personal, professional, and cultural backgrounds and experience including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education level, culture, religion, disability, physical appearance, or other differences.
Each Fellowship begins with a 20-day team expedition in the Idaho wilderness. The expedition challenges each Fellow physically and emotionally and connects them to the natural world on a very personal level. Fellows are able to unplug, incubate ideas, and envision the true scope of their work and lives while building lifelong bonds with peers and mentors tackling similar challenges. After a year of monthly video calls and mentoring, Fellows return to Idaho to reconnect and float the Salmon River. At the conclusion of the Fellowship, Fellows are welcomed into an active group of alumni and supporters.
- A 20-day team expedition in the Idaho wilderness
- Technical assistance and dedicated mentors
- A tight-knit cadre of alumni working all over the world, including sponsorship to attend annual Fellowship retreats
- Exposure to a growing pool of potential angel investors interested in socially impactful businesses
- Support beyond the official term of their Fellowship through ongoing networking opportunities, knowledge sharing, speaking invitations, and continued inclusion in Wild Gift’s national and international outreach
GrantWatch ID#: 163352
If you are selected as a Wild Gift Fellow, you will receive:
1. The Wild Gift: a guided three week wilderness trek in the Idaho backcountry as well as a one week whitewater river rafting trip on the Salmon River in Idaho.
2. A $500 allowance for airfare to Idaho.
3. A project mentor(s) who will work with you throughout the course of your Fellowship, plus access to a pool of resource mentors to provide specific expertise when needed.
4. Opportunity to participate in Wild Gift alumni retreats and trips.
5. Lifetime membership in the vibrant Wild Gift Network that includes alumni, mentors, and supporters.
The fellowship will run for 12 months. Participation in the Idaho Deep Wilderness Trek (August 17 - September 8, 2019) and the Synergy River Trip (one week TBA in September 2020).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon