Foundation / Corporation
Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) Foundation
05/22/19 11:59 PM ET
Grants of up to $25,000 to USA and territories dental organizations, dental schools, universities, and government or community-based nonprofit groups for innovative projects that will improve access to oral health care for those in need. Applicants must submit a proposal summary prior to submitting a full application.
The DTA Foundation is committed to:
- Focusing on oral health, access to care and its connection to overall health.
- Managing its resources to drive innovation and stimulating creative projects in a sound and fiscally responsible manner.
- Measuring the results of its projects by their long-term impact on oral health care awareness and access for those in need.
The DTA Foundation’s priority is to award grants to projects that can leverage additional funding and expansion in other geographic areas.
Grants will be ranked and awarded based on the following areas:
- Innovation, originality, and creativity;
- Ability of program to attract additional funding following pilot completion or build-up;
- Sustainability of the program past the funding period;
- Ability to use project as a model program for expansion in other geographic areas;
- Project should be a pilot project, not an ongoing project;
- Ability of program to address the core purpose of the DTA Foundation;
- Potential impact on target audience or goal.
GrantWatch ID#: 170552
Each proposal that is accepted for funding will receive up to a maximum of $25,000 in grant funding.
Funds will be awarded in October, 2019 for use from October, 2019 – December, 2020.
Preliminary proposal summaries are welcome from, but not limited to, dental organizations, dental schools, universities, government and/or community based nonprofit groups for programs located in the United States and its territories.
It is suggested that the majority of the requested project funds will be used for supplies, materials, or new personnel not presently on the project staff.
The DTA Foundation will look favorably upon projects that indicate budgetary contributions of their own resources to the project. A planned project evaluation of the proposed scope of work should be a component of any grant submission.
Programs that are solely local in scope and do not appear to be reproducible nationally or over a greater population, thus limited to attracting additional outside funding for future years, are considered outside the scope of current funding parameters.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Existing dental clinics
- Ongoing projects
- Mobile dental vans
- Staff salaries (unless it is a new position that is part of a new innovative project)
The Foundation does not provide funds for indirect costs, endowments, or fundraising campaigns. Funding to support staffing should be for new personnel required to accomplish the goals of the project, not to fund current personnel’s salary.
The 2019 Grant Application Process will open January 16. Only applications submitted in an electronic format utilizing the official application form will be considered.
2019 DTA Foundation Grant Timeline:
- Preliminary Proposal Summary Due: February 6 no later than 11:59 pm ET
- Preliminary Proposal Summary Decision Announced: No later than March 20
- Full Grant Application and Attachments Due: May 22, 2019 no later than 11:59 pm ET
- Final Grant Decision Announced: No later than September 27, 2019
All applicants will be notified of their status via email. Accepted proposal summaries will be invited to complete a full grant application. Further details regarding the grant application, budgetary guidelines, and required attachments will be provided upon invitation to apply.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Begin the Preliminary Grant Application Process: https://dtafoundation.smapply.io/
Dental Trade Alliance Foundation
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 220
Arlington, Virginia 22203
If you have additional questions, please call the DTA Foundation at (703) 379-7755 or through the contact page: https://www.dentaltradealliance.org/foundation/contact
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)