Foundation / Corporation
Durham Arts Council (DAC)
09/27/19 9:00 PM
Grants of up to $1,500 to North Carolina artists in Chatham, Durham, Granville, Orange, and Person Counties to support a project that is crucial to the artist's career advancement. Funding is intended to support those that have mastered basic techniques and are attempting to launch a professional career or take an established career in a new direction.
Separate applications are available for artists in the following disciplines: Craft, Dance, Drama, Film and Video, Installation, Literature, Music, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Print Making/Mixed Media, and Sculpture.
Past grant awards have provided funds for the following types of expenses:
- Promotion/ Presentation: The cost of producing a demonstration CD for a composer or musician, a DVD for a choreographer, a portfolio for a graphic artist, editorial assistance for a writer, etc.
- Travel: Travel to specific workshops, auditions, retreats or seminars—or to do research intrinsic to his/her art form.
- Services: Rental of equipment or facilities for presentation or creation of a new work.
- Supplies: Purchase of supplies, materials or equipment necessary for the completion or production of a new work which is considered by the artist to be essential to her/his career.
- Training: Advanced workshops, master classes or coaching that will enhance the artist's abilities. This program does not support work towards a degree.
GrantWatch ID#: 172610
While no specific minimum has been established, the maximum amount an applicant can request is $1,500.
Timeline for the proposed project should happen between January 1 and December 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
You can access the form and guidelines at the top of main URL under "EAP Applications" Please note that there is a different application for each art form. Select the application which is appropriate for your work.
Margaret J. DeMott, Director of Artist Services
Durham Arts Council
120 Morris Street
Durham, NC 27701
USA: North Carolina: Chatham, Durham, Granville, Orange, and Person Counties