U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA)
04/16/19 11:59 PM ET
Contracts for services to USA and territories nonprofits, for-profits, IHEs, and organizations to implement technical assistance and resource centers for court systems to improve drug treatment programs. Applicants are advised to complete required registrations as early as possible.
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) is seeking applications for funding under the Adult Drug Court and Veterans Treatment Court Planning, Training, Technical Assistance, and Resource Center (ADC TTA) Initiative. This program furthers the Department’s mission by providing resources to state, local, and tribal courts to enhance drug court programs and systems for nonviolent offenders with addictions, including those related to opioid abuse and overdose; and to enhance veterans treatment court programs and systems for offenders with both addictions and a history of violence related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of their service.
The objectives of the ADC TTA Initiative are to assist newly established and operational adult drug treatment court programs to:
- Build and maximize capacity.
- Ensure drug court participants are identified and assessed for risk and need.
- Ensure drug court participants receive targeted research-based services.
- Enhance the provision of recovery support services.
- Ensure the provision of community reintegration services to achieve long-term recovery.
- Assist in collecting and reporting on performance measures and identify and explain trends.
The FY 2019 ADC TTA Initiative solicitation offers six categories. A separate application and budget must be submitted for each category:
- Category 1. Adult Drug Court Planning Initiative (DCPI). Up to $2,900,000. Competition. ID: BJA-2019-15133
- Category 2. Adult Drug Court Training Initiative (DCTI) and the National Drug Court Resources, Policy, and Evidence-Based Practice Center (Resource Center). Up to $6,000,000; DCPI: $4,400,000 and Resource Center: $1,600,000. Competition ID: BJA2019-15134
- Category 3. Adult Drug Court Site-specific Technical Assistance (Site-specific TA) Program. Up to $5,400,000. Competition ID: BJA-2019-15135
- Category 4. Adult Drug Court State-based Technical Assistance (State-based TA) Program. Up to $2,400,000. Competition ID: BJA-2019-15136
- Category 5. Veterans Treatment Court Site-specific Training and Technical Assistance (VTC TTA) Program. Up to $2,000,000. Competition ID: BJA-2019-15823
- Category 6. Tribal Healing to Wellness Court Site-specific Training and Technical Assistance (THWC TTA). Up to $2,000,000. Competition ID: BJA-2019-16131
For details on deliverables for each of the six categories, see the RFP: https://www.bja.gov/funding/ADCVTCTTA19.pdf#page=6
GrantWatch ID#: 185344
BJA expects to make up to seven awards.
Award Ceiling: $6,000,000
Award Floor: $2,000,000
BJA expects to make awards for 24-month periods of performance, to begin on January 1, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Response Center:
Toll-free 800–851–3420; TTY 301–240–6310 (hearing impaired only)
Web chat: https://webcontact.ncjrs.gov/ncjchat/chat.jsp.
For technical assistance with submitting an application, contact the Grants.gov Customer
Support Hotline at 800–518–4726, 606–545–5035, at
https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/support.html, or at email@example.com
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)