Grants of up to $5,000 to North Carolina government agencies in eligible locations for arts programs and projects. Funding is intended to help local municipalities support arts programming presented and led by state-based artists or organizations. Eligible projects and activities take place in Wake County.
Grants may be used to support artists’ fees for programming such as:
Performing Artists: to present musicians, dancers, and theater productions
Teaching Artists: to lead workshops, residencies, camps
Visual Artists: to create murals, exhibitions, and community projects.
The Wake County municipal governments of Apex, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell, and Zebulon or their departments are eligible to apply.
Equipment, marketing, staffing, and other costs are not eligible.
- March 22, 2023: Guidelines and Application Published
- May 26, 2023, by 5 pm: Application Deadline
- May 30 – June 9: Application Review Period
- June 12: Grant Notifications/Agreements
- June 20: Grant Payments
- July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024: Grant Period
- July 8, 2024: Final Reports Due from Towns
One application per town will be accepted.
Estimated Size of Grant
Each eligible town may request up to $5,000.
Term of Contract
Programming must take place between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024.