Foundation / Corporation
Keep Durham Beautiful (KDB)
Grants of up to $500 to Durham, North Carolina nonprofit organizations, businesses, garden clubs, schools, teachers, and residents for volunteer-based environmental and beautification projects. Funding is intended for activities such as litter cleanup and prevention, waste reduction, recycling, and community greening. The work of the project must be performed by volunteers and, where applicable, there must be a method for sustaining the project after the grant money has been used.
Projects will need to meet one of more of the following criteria. While projects are not expected to meet all criteria, those that can demonstrate alignment with multiple criteria will receive preference in the selection process.
- Impact: Impact of the project on the community (e.g., number of people affected)
- Community involvement: Volunteer participation
- Partnerships: Involvement of local businesses, organizations and other partners to assist in designing, executing and promoting the project
- Environmental sustainability: Sound environmental stewardship principles including native landscaping, re-used and recycled materials, etc.
- Innovation: Creative solution to a community challenge
- Community building: Project brings the community together and involves input at various phases from conception to execution to long-term maintenance
-Project maintenance: Provide a plan demonstrating project continuance beyond the duration of the grant period
- Uniqueness: Utilizes local artists or artisans, references local history or culture, uses local materials, utilizes creative solutions, etc.
-Matching: Involvement of local businesses, organizations, other partners, donors, to assist in matching grant funds through monetary or in-kind donations
GrantWatch ID#: 177141
Grants will be awarded up to $500.
The project should be implemented in March - July for the January 31 deadline. The project should be implemented in September - January for the July 31 deadline.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions or further information, please contact the office at:
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application.
Mail or deliver completed applications to:
2011 Fay Street
Durham, NC, 27704
USA: North Carolina: Durham