Foundation / Corporation
Invest in Others (IiO) Charitable Foundation
Awards of $10,000, $40,000 and $50,000 to recognize USA financial advisors that are making positive charitable impacts on their communities. Nominations are invited on behalf of financial advisors who have shown significant dedication, contribution, leadership, inspiration, and impact on a nonprofit and the community that it serves.
Applicants will be asked to select one of the following award categories that best describes their charitable work:
- Catalyst Award
- Community Service Award
- Global Impact Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
More information about these award categories can be seen at: https://www.investinothers.org/award-categories.
Selection criteria for finalists will be:
- Dedication: Achieved desired results through perseverance, courage, and enthusiasm.
- Contribution: Volunteered significant personal time and actively worked with nonprofit staff and members of the community, including those served by the nonprofit.
- Leadership: Motivated others to accomplish a specific goal or objective. Inspired others to volunteer personal time.
- Inspiration: How compelling is the nominee’s story? Will it inspire others to increase their volunteer efforts?
- Community Impact: Did the nominee make a significant impact on the nonprofit and community?
GrantWatch ID#: 180222
Two finalists and one winner will be chosen in each of the five categories.
Finalists will receive $10,000, winners will receive $40,000, and the Lifetime Achievement Award winner will receive $50,000.
- Nominees must be currently working as financial planners (e.g., CFP®), registered representatives (e.g., Series 7), or registered investment advisors.
- Nominees must be active financial advisors, defined by spending at least 75% of the time providing financial consultation with clients.
- Volunteer involvement with the nonprofit organization must be current and ongoing for at least three years.
- This awards program is for U.S. advisors only.
-The charitable organization featured in the nomination will be the organization receiving the donation (if selected). Only qualified nonprofit organizations and educational institutions with tax-exempt status granted under the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) are eligible to receive award donations. The Tax ID# is required to confirm the charity is a nonprofit organization recognized by the IRS. Exceptions to this include charitable organizations/foundations that serve as the charitable arm of for-profit corporations (for example, the Starbucks Foundation affiliated with Starbucks Corp.).
- International organizations qualify as eligible charities if they are based in the United States (for Patriot Act compliance) and are designated a nonprofit organization by the Internal Revenue Service.
- The nominations deadline is Friday, April 5, 2019.
- The application deadline is Friday, April 12, 2019.
- 2019 advisor finalists will be notified in July, and also posted as an announcement on the website.
- The winners will be announced at the Invest in Others Awards Gala on September 26, 2019.
You can nominate more than one advisor. Advisors may also self-nominate.
Nominations will be reviewed to ensure the advisor and the nonprofit meet the eligibility criteria. Once this is verified, the advisor and nonprofit will be invited to complete a more detailed application on a rolling basis.
Advisors who have previously received a financial award (finalists and winners) can be nominated after seven years from the award date. There is no limit to the number of times an advisor may be nominated if they have not been previously selected as an award finalist or winner. Exceptions to this seven-year rule include advisors that apply for a different award category through a different charity.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online nomination information and form: https://www.grantrequest.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fapplication.aspx%3fSA%3dSNA%26FID%3d35007%26sid%3d5978&SA=SNA&FID=35007&sid=5978
For questions please email email@example.com or call (781) 304-4812.
Invest in Others Charitable Foundation
275 Grove Street, Suite 2-400
Newton, MA 02466
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming