Foundation / Corporation
Outer Banks Community Foundation
Grants to the Outer Banks, North Carolina nonprofit organizations, religious institutions, and government agencies for projects and programs for individuals with disabilities, aviation education, and animal welfare services. Applicants must contact program staff before applying. The Grant covers several small special interest funds in these three areas of focus.
1) Animal Welfare- There are currently three special focus funds available in this area.
- The All God’s Creatures Fund
- The Adams Family Fund
- The Schiffman Fund for Animals
2) Aviation Education- Funding supports charitable projects focusing on aviation education.
3) Opportunities for People with Disabilities- There are currently three special focus funds available in this area.
- The David Aycock Loy Memorial Fund
- The Pauline Wright Endowment for Currituck Grant
- The Pauline Wright Endowment for Dare
For information on each of the special focus funds, see the URL for Full Text link below.
GrantWatch ID#: 185080
The Schiffman Fund for Animals awards one grant per year. The Community Foundation awards one Aviation Education Grant each year.
Organizations must provide an attached copy of their IRS letter verifying their 501c3 status.
Depending on the specific grant, eligible organizations may include charitable nonprofits, public schools, and/or government agencies.
It is required that applicants contact staff before submitting your proposal--it is recommended that you call at least one week prior to the grant deadline.
Special Focus Grants are awarded just once a year in June. The 2019 application deadline for these awards is Friday, April 26.
- Any organization requesting $1,000 or less can apply with a simple, one-page letter that explains the project, how it would help animals, and how the grant money would be spent.
- If an organization has a larger project in mind, it can apply for matching funds through the online application. Any larger request should meet the Community Foundation’s Community Enrichment Grants Criteria.
- Grants may be combined from the animal funds into one or two larger grants.
-Before submitting an application, prospective applicants are urged to contact Lorelei Costa.
-Organizations requesting $500 or less can apply for Aviation Education Grants with a simple, one-page letter that explains the project and how the grant money would be spent.
-If an organization has a larger project in mind, it can apply for matching funds through the online application. Any larger request should meet the Community Foundation’s Community Enrichment Grants Criteria.
Opportunities for People with Disabilities:
- Applications must be submitted through the online application.
For application information: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/56295-Outer-Banks-Community-Foundation
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For questions and to discuss applying for a grant contact:
Lorelei Costa, Executive Director
For Animal Welfare and Aviation Education grants send a letter of applications to:
Mailing Address & Office Location
Outer Banks Community Foundation
13 Skyline Road
Southern Shores, NC 27949
For Opportunities for People with Disabilities grant applications and larger funding requests apply online:
Contact form: https://www.obcf.org/contact-us/
USA: North Carolina: The Outer Banks