Foundation / Corporation
04/23/19 8:00 PM U.S. Eastern Time
Fellowships averaging $65,000 to USA, Canada, and International postdoctoral scientists for training and research related to autism. Applicants must submit a letter of intent before submission of a full application. Funding is intended to support highly qualified postdocs in public or private institutions who are pursuing preclinical or clinical research.
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. They do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. The Fund empowers people with autism and their families with resources, online tools and information covering the life span.
Competitive fellowship applications will feature research projects that focus on the following areas of high interest to the science mission at Autism Speaks:
- Pre-clinical intervention studies, including gene and RNA editing
- Medical comorbidities (particularly seizures and GI problems/microbiome) with an emphasis on intervention studies
- Biomarkers and objective measurement of autism and related domains
- Adult transition and lifespan development
- Challenging behavior
- Cognitively disabled/non- or minimally-verbal
- Inclusion of individuals from low-resource communities
GrantWatch ID#: 185142
- Each fellowship is awarded for a period of two years and includes both a competitive stipend (see below) and an $11,000 annual allowance intended to cover professional conference travel, research costs and supplies, and/or fringe benefits. Indirect costs are not allowed.
- Stipend amounts are based on years of experience since PhD , with the year 7 level being the maximum. Stipends amounts are as follows:
- Zero years of experience since PhD: $48,500
- 1 year of experience since PhD: $48,900
- 2 years of experience since PhD: $49,200
- 3 years of experience since PhD: $52,400
- 4 years of experience since PhD: $53,200
- 5 years of experience since PhD: $55,400
- 6 years of experience since PhD: $57,600
- 7 years of experience since PhD: $59,800
- Term: Two years.
- Earliest Grant Start Date: Early Fall 2019.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit an LOI online: https://science.grants.autismspeaks.org/login.php
For questions, contact Joan New, MBA, Grants Manager
1060 State Road, 2nd Floor
Princeton, NJ 08540
Phone: (609) 228-7313
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.